Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm the one who Understands you.

I've been thinking a lot lately.. I know I always start my blogs like this.. But really I don't know how to start them.. I just cant come up with ideas for my blog! haha... Welll....

I've been struggling with Katie since I've met her.. and no one really understands that like I do.. or have see us grow as a team. So here's the story from the beginning... Its of our struggles and how we continue to over come them..

3 years ago, I walked into the SPCA to look for a dog for my Grandma.. Yea I know a lot of you have already heard this story time and time again.. But please listen.
I vaguely remember that day, so please understand my lack of details. I remember the walk into the shelter, looking outside at the dogs, there was this one.. It had "the look" I can't really explain that look, Grandma looked at him, I insisted, but we kept going. We then walked into the shelter and a grey car pulled up.. I looked into the car, two dogs were in the car, The lady came out with one, I saw the dog and instantly got on the ground to go face to face with the dog... I remember petting her.. kinda being in a trance, I asked the name, The lady said Katie.

I remember the lady caring alot about Katie, I remember her paying extra money so that she could go to the perfect home... I remember looking at Katie's collar, it was pink with a red heart tag on it that said "Best Friend". I remember My grandma signing the papers that day..

A week later, we went to the vet to pick Katie up.. I remember her being very tired from the spaying operation. I remember it was myself, my auntie and my grandma. I remember getting in my Aunties White car and Me holding her while we drove to Grandmas. I remember getting to my Grandma and Just watching her.. I stayed at my grandma's three nights and just watched over her while she recovered... I remember my Brother saying she wasn't very tough, that she wouldn't play with him.. I remember her proving him wrong. ;) I remember once I left my grandma's that I still went over there everyday to see her. I remember the day we lost Katie's "best friend" Tag, Maybe it was a new beginning.

I remember going online and seeing the Pawsitive Steps agility camp and asking my mom about it. She agreed, I remember sending my form in. I remember being excited for summer so I could go to camp. I remember the night before, thinking about who else was thinking about the camp.
I remember being the only junior at camp. I remember feeling left out, I remember sitting by Katies crate and eating lunch while everyone else was in the gazebo. I remember getting really excited for every day. I remember the end of Camp and taking the photo.

I remember going clothes shopping with my cousin and begging her to go to Pet Cetera and seeing the Agility Kit and rushing to the phone to call my mom to ask her if I could get it. I remember buying it. I remember the day that Katie finally was weaving. I remember showing off to my family. I remember being SO proud.

I remember going to the club. I remember mistaking Leslie for Linda. I remember trying the equipment.. I remember when Katie would run off and get into fights.... I remember going home crying.

I remember Katie not being aloud to come over because of the cat. I remember trying SO many things. I remember rubbing a towel on the cat then the same one on Katie. I remember Katie and the cat interacting through the door. I remember treating Katie every time the cat was in the room. I remember the break through I had when they started to get along.

I remember preparing for Katie`s first trial. I remember going to practice and then her getting Kennel Cough. I remember my mom telling me that the Vet said we shouldn't go to the trial. I remember going to watch the trial without Katie. I remember hearing Katie`s name being called and crying.

I remember preparing for Katie`s real first trial. I remember telling Linda that we were going to beat her. Haha. I remember Gamblers, I remember her running out of the ring and then coming back.. I remember her getting the Gamble but some ladies told the judge that I stepped over the line. I remember getting first and being SO happy. I remember Katie getting her First Q in Jumpers.

I remember Katie`s Second Trial, I remember Katie just going Nuts and not listening. I remember crying and wondering why. I remember our last run, Almost Qing.. Wow. She really knows when to kick in.

I remember Making Jumps in my backyard with my mom. :)

I remember Katie getting AWESOME in my backyard. I remember when we trialed it all fell apart. I remember getting our Gamblers Q. I remember trying harder and harder. I remember trying Obedience and trick training to try to get focus. I remember going to winter camp.

I remember going to trials and wondering whats going wrong.. and I`ve come to a conclusion... Katie has stress issues.. She stresses from environmental changes. I know so many people would have given up on Katie, and I know I`ve though of it. But if I give up, Katie wouldn`t be the same dog, she needs me and if I give up I`m losing the opportunity for Katie to teach me.. Katie is what I need. I can learn so much from her. I already have. I love Katie SO much. She means everything to me. She continues to teach me new things.

Thanks Katie! Every tear I cried was a new lesson and I wouldn`t take it back. Ever.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Alyssa :) Really inspiring to everyone who's having problems with their dogs...awesome.

    ~Nat

    ReplyDelete