Sunday, September 13, 2009

You felt it so strong, but nothing's turned out how you want.

"Do you know where your heart is?
Do you think you can find it?
Or did you trade it for something
Somewhere better just to have it?
Do you know where your love is?
Do you think that you lost it?
You felt it so strong, but
Nothing's turned out how you wanted"


"Do you know what your fate is?
And are you trying to shake it?
You're doing your best and
Your best look
You're praying that you make it"

"
Whenever the end is
Do you think you can see it?
Well, until you get there
Go on, go ahead and scream it
Just say it"

-One Republic

I'm tired of feeling like a failure and I don't know how to change it.

Had a really tough weekend once again. Katie just gets so stressed and once she's done she's done. The whole weekend I was getting her ready for her snookers run hoping to use the other runs to get her ready for it... But Katie did one jump and was done. I cried. I felt like a failure. I've tried everything, short sessions thats are all fun, but she just wont. I frustrates me to see that she can do masters and Nationals courses, but a straight line at a trial is too much. I guess I need to look at it this way, I get stressed too. But I just don't know how to fix it. So, Katie's going into temporary trial retirement. We will be working on Backyard Agility and stress work.

I'm tired of hearing "Bad Dog" and getting people looking at Katie funny. They don't blame me, but I still blame myself... Katie's NOT a bad dog, she's a STRESSED dog. When people say that to her, all I hear is "bad trainer". I trained her, so some of it has to be my fault. I just wish it was different, she has so much potential.



2 comments:

  1. "Control Unleashed" by Leslie McDevitt (You can order it off of Clean run)

    I personally just got it in the mail today so I haven't finished reading it but I've heard alot of great things about it. I was talking to some more experienced handlers at our last AKC trial about the problems I've been having with Lilly shutting down in the ring and they told me to check it out. (Lil will do a jump for me, then wander off and sniff, lots of drooling, just a mess in the standard ring :/)

    So Maybe it has some ideas on how to help you guys too? Sorry I'm not much help... Just know that you're not a failure, and you're not alone.

    "Even the best fall down sometimes" has to be one of my favorite quotes right now. We all fall, but the differance between failure and success is all a matter of getting back up again.

    You and Kaite have come so far and you're going to go alot farther. I have faith in you guys, It may take time but I know you'll make it over this obstical <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) Hun, I know what you're feeling... I feel like everyone thinks that with Zoey too, because she's great at home, and at the practice field, but at a trial, she's a different dog.

    I am ordering CU, and am going to try that (with all three)... Maybe you could look into that?

    ReplyDelete